Saturday, July 21, 2012

Catching up on the Backlog pt. 3: 'Original' stuff

This post is probably the most lean in terms of content. Some of the drawings that would go with the ones here aren't finished but instead of waiting until they are, I'm going to go plow ahead and post the finished ones anyway just to get them out of the way. 


I was drawing people while watching a beach movie from the sixties called "Beach Ball". 


I came up with months ago an idea of doing an ironic/semi-ironic pastiche of the sappy cartoons from the 1980s involving cute things like puppies, kittens, ponies, etc. as a webcomic and calling it Kettle Kitties. Mostly I came up with it as a way to flex my character design muscles. These are just concept drawings at the moment. Some of them have evolved into actual characters but everything is still in the planning stage at this point.





My own versions of Woody Woodpecker, in an attempt I'd say waaaay back in other post that I should do my own versions of the cartoon studies using what I've learned, plus I've been drawing Woody a lot lately. Once I figured out how he's put together, I've been doodling him a lot lately. 




Quick Draw McGraw



The more, wacky-looking Woody Woodpecker

end of pt. 3


















No comments:

Post a Comment