Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yakety Yak: Beatles 'Toons




Okay, one of the reasons I started this blog was so I'd have somewhere to post my Beatle 'toons. But WHAT are my Beatle 'toons, you ask?

They are my version of the Al Brodax Saturday morning Beatles cartoons.
I started with I saw a couple of 'em on Youtube and I thought they were the goofiest thing ever. At some point, I also got a green T-shirt with 'em on it and I was like "Wha-hey, I could draw these!" After a few missteps, I found I could and I liked the way they turned out. I drew them more and more often thanks to a cheat sheet I made from the T-shirt and the cartoons as guidelines.

Horrible, I know.

I didn't really expect to "do" anything with 'em, just draw nutty Beatle cartoon pictures.

As you can tell, I altered the way they were drawn a LITTLE. Some of it is unintentional and some of it isn't. For some reason, when I copy something, it doesn't come out EXACTLY right (because I'm human, lol) plus I add these thick eyebrows to John. They seemed...more realistic.

...I get the feeling this post isn't going to look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment