Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sailor Mercury Drawing Swap

I made an account at Swap-bot and one of my swaps was to trade a picture you had drawn of Sailor Mercury.

Even though I've been a fan of "Sailor Moon" since I don't even know when, as far as I know, I've never tried to draw any of the characters. This site I found on Google Image Search was a big help when the only thing I really need help was the costume detail and the hair. 

This is the colored version.


These are the inked versions.

Overall, I liked how it turned out. The pose came from a classical study I must have done in my sketchbook. I don't remember if I labeled where I had gotten it from but I liked it enough to attempt it, tweaking the arm positions a tad. 
If I was to overly critique myself, I'd say the way I inked it was a bit flat but otherwise, I'm happy with the result :)




No comments:

Post a Comment